Monday 25 November 2013

1 of 16 Stories during 16 Days of Activism Against Gender Based Violence


The following narrative has been submitted to the NYDT by a young woman who cannot be named for fear of victimisation. She suffered 3 years of physical, emotional and even financial abuse from her husband during their customary marriage. This is the first of 16 stories of survival that the NYDT shall be sharing with the world  during 16 Days of Activism against gender based violence. submit yours to youthziminfo@gmail.com and help fight GBV. 

I told myself that he was going to change beating me almost everyday but I was just convincing my self, nothing changed for almost 3 years & I was scared that if I leave him I wont be able to stand up for my self but one day I said enough is enough I will leave him because my life is more important than anything else and everyday women are killed because of the abuse so I didn’t want to be a victim but victor, then I moved on with my life with the help of my family. And the most vital part is I just forgave for my life' s sake, I had to forgive because I needed peace with in my heart and God gave me strength to work for my kids and today here I am working for my 3 kids. So to all women out there get out of the misery life and live your life happily without fear your life is not a mistake God created you for his purpose not for men's purpose. Thank you love u all.


No comments:

Post a Comment